How productive Are You?
If you answer YES to the following 4 questions
You might need some assistance with a strategic plan to gain better productivity during work hours.
1) Do you find yourself craving sugar by 1:30 PM?
2) Do you find yourself standing in a line up waiting to order food instead of being productive?
3) Do you find yourself irritated and tired by 2:00 PM?
4) Do you often tell yourself: I will start eating healthier on Monday?
An unhealthy diet does not provide you enough energy for your everyday needs. On the contrary, it
- leads to fatigue
- causes poor mental health
- provokes irritability
- increases stress and depression
- decreases your energy level
- reduces your ability to think clearly and work effectively
Think back to your most productive workday in the past week. Now ask yourself: On that afternoon, what did you have for lunch?
When we think about the factors that contribute to workplace performance, we rarely give much consideration to food. For those of us battling to stay on top of emails, meetings, and deadlines, food is simply fuel.
Food has a direct impact on our cognitive performance, which is why a poor decision at lunch can derail an entire afternoon.
Now here’s the part we rarely consider: Not all foods are processed by our bodies at the same rate. Some foods, like pasta, bread, cereal and soda, release their glucose quickly, leading to a burst of energy followed by a slump. Others, like high fat meals (think cheeseburgers and BLTs) provide more sustained energy, but require our digestive system to work harder, reducing oxygen levels in the brain and making us groggy.
Do you feel like it is time to get serious at work and get more productive?
With Nutrition Balance, we ensure your meals are nutrient dense and low in glycemic index. Which means, your body will love you and sustain your energy levels to keep you productive during work hours. We want you to be successful!